Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sketchbook Dump -- Part 2

As promised, here's the rest of the sketches. See if you can identify the theme here.


Here's my impression of micron pens trying to look like a brush:


Real color brush here.

The next three sketches here I did after studying cartoons by Maurico GarcĂ­a Castro (also known as Fantasio) and George Ludway. One thing they are very good at is drawing female curves with subtetly. I tend to exaggerate the curves when I study their stuff.

You can find plenty of examples of their works at Shane Glines's Cartoon Retro, along with a massive archive of other brilliant illustrators and cartoonists that you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere else. Certainly worth the $50/year membership fee.







I think I want to finish this one up:



I want to finish up the one below too. I think I'll add a big cat in the background.








So there you go, a whole bunch of different girls, a whole bunch of different approaches. Let me know what works for you and what doesn't.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home