Saturday, November 10, 2007

Lo, the Mighty Sketch Dump

Here's the first of a two part sketch dump. You'll notice some brush work here. Its all done with a Pentel Color Brush. I started using it after harassing Bill Pressing at Comi-con about what he uses. I'm finding I really like inking with this thing. My line work has a ways to go, but I'm having fun.






Sketched while watching some UFC:


Started as a stylized profile of my wife, and turned into a concept sketch for DUNE. One of my favorite features of my wife is her "beaked" upper lip. It comes to a point in the middle of the lip rather than at the top of the lip. There's something very delicate about it.


A bunch of stuff drawn with mechanical pencil. Mechanical pencil is great to sketch with. If you get a nice soft lead, it erases easily and you can rework and build up your sketch as you go. The downside is it smears like a beast, and its not as sharp looking as drawing with a prismacolor or a polychromos pencil.

As a result I have to spend a lot of time on the computer cleaning up my sketches so they look ok.







Stay tune for part 2. It'll be all cute girls!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

and behold... a plethora of magical goodies burst forward and there was a cheer across the land. All was good.....


Hope all is well and hope we get to catch up one of these days!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Damian said...

keep it up. I want to know a story about the Hulk and the rabbit in finery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home